Festival Volunteering….Want to Get Involved?
If you are hard working, have a positive can do attitude, love solving challenges and festival volunteering sounds great then We Want You!
Cully Fest 2017 preparations are ready to ramp up and we are looking for reliable and experienced people who are interested in festival volunteering. The folks at Cully Fest are passionate about delivering a fantastic interactive friendly family event and they’d love you to come and help them showcase Toowoomba and some of the most unique Outback and Aboriginal traditions and culture over three days 17-19 November 2017 by volunteering.
We’re currently looking for reliable and hard-working staff to join our Site Crew assisting in the early preparations as well as bump-in and bump-out of the 2017 festival site at Toowoomba Showgrounds and there are all kinds of volunteer jobs on offer.
If you are a regular festival volunteer or if you’ve got what it takes to be a festival volunteer, we’d love to hear from you and so would our dedicate team.
Please read our Terms and Conditions for Volunteers before you apply. To apply to be a festival volunteer please complete and submit the online application here.
Volunteering – Team Leadership Volunteers
Do you have management skills? Administrative experience? Hospitality or retail management experience? Or a special talent that would shine in a leadership role?
Cully Fest needs department heads to manage different areas of the festival. This may or may not include volunteer management.
We have a variety of leadership roles available, including Department Heads, Key Offsiders and Supervisors.
Volunteering – Are you keen to give it a try and be part of building a community celebration?
- People who have been to a large festival, either as a patron or preferably as a volunteer
- People with previous experience in a leadership role, be it as a volunteer or professionally
- People with a passion for developing opportunities to help visual and performing arts grow and thrive in Queensland while promoting Outback and Aboriginal cultures
- People who are flexible, well-organised and able to get the job done
- People with a ‘solutions’ mindset
- People who have computer access and an active email address
Our ideal leadership festival volunteer would be willing to commit to three years in the role they take on. The first year is about learning the job, the second year is about improving the way you manage the department and its operation and the third year is about mentoring someone to take over your volunteering. We hope you will grow in your volunteering leadership role and if you do well and want you to stay on, we would be happy to talk about a more ongoing commitment.
Types of festival volunteering jobs
- Bar and wait staff with current RSA or RMLV
- Gate Admissions
- Rubbish removal
- Social Media Marketers
- Merchandise Sales
- Stage Managers
- Stage Marshalls
- Camping site attendant
- Food handlers, cooks, wait staff
- First Aid, Ambulance, Nurse
- Bump In 13-16 November 2017 – setting everything up
- Bump Out 19-21 November 2017 – pulling everything down
- During Festival 17-19 November 2017
If you are interested in festival volunteering please contact Peieta Mills at email@example.com and include a copy of your CV. Don’t forget to read our Terms and Conditions for Volunteers before you apply.